Are you thinking of using an email marketing solution for your business to enhance customer engagement and revenue generation? This Constant Contact pricing guide is what you need to go through. Whether you are a small or large business, using Constant Contact is a perfect way to marketing your products to your customer.
This marketing tool streamlines all your processes so you can focus on the bigger picture. It covers all essential areas of communication including emails and social media. Nonetheless, to make full use of the marketing platform, you want to have sound knowledge of what exactly it offers at all plan levels. Thus, I’ve compiled a brief, yet, detailed Constant Contact pricing guide to walk you through.
Each plan offer pretty much the same features. The main difference being the number of users you can have in your account. Only one for the Email plan versus 10 for the Email Plus.
|Starting at||Starting at|
|$ 20 /mo||$ 45 /mo|
|Price based on number of contacts||Price based on number of contacts|
|Send unlimited emails and get more file storage.||Get more powerful features to grow your business.|
|First Month FREE||First Month FREE|
|Unlimited Emails||Unlimited Emails|
|1 GB File Storage||2 GB File Storage|
|1 User||10 Users|
|Tracking & Reporting||Event Marketing|
|Customizable Templates||Online Donations|
|Image Library||Surveys & Polls|
|Email Scheduling||Subject Line A/B Testing|
|Contact List Import||Contact List Import|
|List Segmentation||List-Building Tools|
|Facebook Lead Ads||List Segmentation|
|Apps & Integrations||Facebook Lead Ads|
|Mobile App||Tracking & Reporting|
|Live Support||Customizable Templates|
|❌||Apps & Integrations|
Constant Contact Features & Pricing Overview
Using Constant Contact comes with numerous benefits. The platform offers a selection of features to benefit your business. Amongst these features include welcome emails for new subscribers, triggered emails, contact segmentation, resend emails to non-openers, and a powerful list-building tool.
Other features the tool offer include social posting, inbox, scheduling, analytics, Facebook, and Instagram ads. Constant Contact comes in a choice of two plans, i.e. the Email and Email Plus plans. In addition to the two plans, Constant Contact offers a 309-day free trial – allowing you to test and see if its works for you. However, the platform doesn’t have a free plan.
Additionally, Constant Contact offers a discounted plan for non-profits as well. Non-profit organizations enjoy up to 20% 6 months prepay discount and 30% discount for 12 months prepay. However, if you choose to pay monthly, you will not receive a discount.
With each plan, you will receive a website and online store at no additional cost. However, each plan offers a 1.5% transaction fee charged with every product sold. If you want to use a custom domain for your site, you can purchase one from Constant Contact or connect one you have already.
The Email plan is ideally designed for small businesses and organizations who want to create professional emails, build customer relationships, and drive revenue-generating results. The plan starts at about $20 per month and accommodates up to 3 users.
The plan offers email marketing, and contacts management, marketing automation, marketing & channels, websites, and online store features. Marketing contacts features include monthly email sends, sign up forms, landing pages, customizable templates, industry-specific templates, as well as in-depth tracking, reporting, ecommerce marketing, and app integrations.
The contacts management features offer a detailed contacts database that allows you to manage all your contacts in a single place. It allows you to manage info contacts, website form submissions, store orders, contact list import, list segmentation, and list building tools and welcome emails. Marketing automation features include automated email resend to non-openers and subject line A/b testing.
The marketing and channels features include social posting, social monitoring & inbox, landing pages, Instagram & Facebook ads, logo maker, image library, the marketing calendar, Google Ads, event management & marketing, Google My Business, and video. Website features include creating up to 3 websites, free hosting, unlimited storage, SSL certificate, website analytics, blog, custom domain, and a save history.
The online store feature allows you to sell unlimited products, accept online payments, digital products & downloads, order, inventory, & tax management, just to mention a few. The Email plan offers phone, email, and chat support. However, if you want a dedicated advisor, you can pay extra to receive one.
Email Plus Plan
The Email Plus plan is ideally designed for small businesses and organizations that want to experience even better revenue generation results with automated emails and additional powerful features. The plan starts at about $45 per month and caters to up to 10 users. The plan covers all features of the Email plan along with additional advanced features.
These include email marketing features such as ecommerce segmentation, customizable pop up forms, RSVP, polls, coupons, online donations, and new customer consultation. Marketing automation features automated email behavioral series, automated email welcome series, and dynamic content. Social media features extend to surveys.
Price per plan based on your list
$20 / mo
$45 / mo
$45 / mo
$70 / mo
$65 / mo
$95 / mo
$95 / mo
$125 / mo
Prepay six or 12 months and save up to 15%.
Non-profit organizations and charities can prepay and save up to 30%.
Alternatives To Constant Contact
Whilst Constant Contact is amongst the best email marketing platforms in the market, no doubt it still lacks some features. Thus, if you can’t find what you are looking for, you can always go for its alternatives. Below, I’ve compiled my recommendations for the best Constant Contact alternatives.
- MailChimp’s Ready To Use Email Campaigns – MailChimp never misses out on the list of the best email marketing platforms for a reason. The platform is a popular choice amongst businesses and agencies and is an excellent Constant Contact alternative. What makes the platform stand out is its up-to-date features, creative email templates, and easy-to-use editor. In fact, MailChimp is ideally curated for marketers who are more visual and want to incorporate their own details in their campaigns. Additionally, it functions as a marketing CRM tool and offers numerous social media features. MailChimp offers a free plan with up to 2,000 subscribers and 10,000 campaigns per month. Its paid plan starts at $15 which makes it a slightly cheaper option.
- HubSpot’s Comprehensive CRM – whilst HubSpot is a CRM tool, its deep marketing automation software makes it an ideal Constant Contact alternative. Plus, compared to Constant Contact, it offers more resources for your business – all in one place. It even offers a free version of the email marketing tool. In addition to its CRM features, HubSpot offers other useful marketing features such as event management. However, as expected, to enjoy generous features, you have to opt for the paid plan – which draws a hefty figure of at least $50 per month.
- SendPulse’s SMS messaging feature – If you want to take your marketing to the next level, SendPulse is a perfect tool. It offers the SMS messaging feature – allowing you to share your campaigns along with other messages (feedback, cart abandonment, custom events, etc) through SMS notifications. The platform works with over 800 cellular networks globally for convenient SMS notifications. Plus, SendPulse offers multilingual phone and email support. SendPulse has a free plan that caters to up to 500 subscribers and sends 15,000 emails a month. However, even if you opt for the paid plan, it’s still quite affordable – starting at $9 per month.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Constant Contact allows for cancellation at any time. If you cancel your plan within the 30-day trial period window, you will not be charged at all. However, if you have exceeded the 30-day free trial period, cancelation results in the forfeiture of your subscription fee. Additionally, you can upgrade your plan from the Email plan to the Email Plus plan at any time – you have to pay for the difference, however.
If you need a simple email newsletter service, the Email plan will be a good option for you. Though if automations are playing an important role in your email marketing strategy, you will need to consider directly the Email Plus plan. Note that all providers are competing on Automation. Drip being the best for us. As most other providers, Constant Contact doesn’t offer unlimited storage for images but if you optimize your images before uploading them, you’ll be able to send a good number of emails before upgrading or having to pay for more space. The Email plan will offer 1GB and the Email Plus will grant you 2GB.
Is There Extra Cost I Incur After Paying My Constant Contact subscription?
It depends on how you use it. For example, if you run an online store, you will be charged a transaction fee with every item sold from there. Furthermore, constant Contact offers add-on products such as Marketing Advisor customer support service and even, web hosting services that require you to pay extra.
How Do I Change Plans On Constant Contact?
Changing your plan on Constant Contact is pretty simple. You can upgrade or downgrade your plan. To do so, click on your profile name on the upper right side of your account page and select the Plans and Pricing sections from the drop down menu. Then, choose upgrade or Downgrade Now, review the pricing summary, and set up the payment plan and option you want. After submitting the request and paying, you will be given access to the new plan.
What Apps Does Squarespace Integrate With?
Constant Contact integrates with several apps including CRM apps such as SalesForce, Zoho, and MindBody. Other app integrations include Eventbrite, Shopify, WordPress, Outlook, Gmail, and QuickBooks. Constant Contact also integrates with Zapier to give you access to 1000+ more apps.
When you upgrade from Email to Email Plus, here’s what you get:
- Unlimited access to all of our Automation features (Autoresponder Series, Birthday Emails, and Anniversary Emails).
- Allows for up to 10 account users.
- Image and document storage increases to 2GB.
- Facebook and Instagram image access from the Library.
- Ability to archive sent emails in the Newsletter Archive.
- Additional action-oriented content blocks.
- Create and send unlimited Plus Campaigns.
- Create multiple Pop-up contact sign-up forms for your website and customize the timing before they pop.
- Ability to remove Constant Contact branding from your inline or pop-up contact sign-up forms.
- Ability to A/B test the subject line of your email campaigns.